Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sleep

What a precious commodity to every human being. If you are well, lack of sleep can make you a little cranky. If you have fibromyalgia, lack of sleep, which most of us wrestle with daily, means the difference between having a reasonably normal day with pain and an out of this world, want to go to the hospital, will kill anyone who looks at you sideways, God aweful, head to toes, even your eyeballs hurt day of pain. No kidding, a nice checkout clerk could ask you, "How are you today?" and you could go all Rambo on her butt because you've been stupid enough to leave the house on a day when you haven't gotten enough sleep and you are in enough pain that running cute little chipmunks over with your car seems like a good idea. So, sleep in the life of someone with fibromyalgia is very important. If you are reading this as a family member of someone who has fibro, I'm just giving you fair warning. Unless the house is burning to the ground, don't wake up your loved one with something as petty as, "Mom, can I go to the mall with Cindy?" You might not like the response.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Thanks for mentioning your blog on twitter. I have a hard time getting quality sleep too. The doctor who treats my sleep apnea has no idea what to do with me anymore.
    Thank you for your honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so used to not sleeping that I just go with it and watch the same tv shows M-F, then, if I get lucky I fall asleep in the recliner. I usually wake up around 4 am and crawl to bed only to get up with hubby around 5:30. I am in recovery 18 years for alcohol so I am scared of too many drugs altho I could use something for sleep. I am new to this so glad to have found you.

    ReplyDelete